A huge thanks to Nature’s Bounty for sponsoring today’s post.
We were at that point in the year where jetsetting somewhere warm was the only option – so I’m coming to you from Cabo San Lucas in Mexico this week! After what seems like half of a year of winter and brutal temperatures, my body was screaming for some fresh air and a little sun! The cold always does a number on my hair, skin and nails, and even though I try my best to always eat healthy, sleep enough, and drink tons of water — sometimes a gal just needs a little help. I’ve worked these Nature’s Bounty Hair, Skin & Nails Gummies into my beauty routine for the last several months as a little added boost of vitamins to keep me looking and feeling well. I’m sharing a few more tips below, so make sure to read on!
Hair, Skin & Nail Tips
- Drink more water than you think you need. I realize this seems like pretty basic advice, but hydration is everything and I really notice the effects on my entire body when I’m not properly hydrated. I don’t allow myself to drink much else other than water (and coffee, because yeah…) and really try to stay away from sugary juices and carbonated drinks. When I’m feeling like I need a taste change, I’ll add a little fresh lemon or lime juice to my ice water, brew some unsweetened iced-tea, or sip on some coconut water instead (I’ve been having fresh coconut waters here in Mexico daily)!
- Let your hair air dry. I know this can be really difficult for people (I’m actually one of them that HATES the way my hair air dries) but even if you can just blowout the parts that dry a little funky and let the rest air dry — it will make the biggest difference in your hair’s texture and overall health. I typically blow dry my front section of hair and then the parts just above my ears that always seem to kink and then will let the rest dry au natural.
- Moisturize, obviously… but don’t skip the important parts! Maybe it’s just me, but I always forget about my neck and hands. It took me years to actually use my expensive face moisturizer on my neck and it has been a game changer — I actually apply it down to the top part of my chest too! I’ve also placed a thick handcream right on my nightstand (next to my phone charger and sleepmask) so I have to see it before bed and don’t forget to moisturize my hands! Hands can totally give away age so I’ve been treating them like my face.
- Give that nail polish a rest. As much as I love to always have a fresh manicure and pedicure, I try to use off season months to give myself a break. I actually just painted my toes for the first time since Christmas and gave myself a nice breather.
- Work a supplement into your routine. Wellness and beauty always starts from within. I take supplements for cystic acne, B-12 and iron heavy vitamins since I don’t eat a ton of meat, and love these Nature’s Bounty Hair, Skin & Nails Gummies — they contain a mix of vital nutrients including Biotin, Vitamin C and Vitamin E that work from within to support lustrous hair, vibrant skin and healthy nails.* I love the strawberry flavor of these gummies and find myself wanting to pop more than 1 at a time — they are delicious (and seriously addictive)! It makes remembering to take them super easy and it’s nice not having to wait until after a meal like I do with some of my other supplements.
You can find Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions Hair, Skin & Nails Gummies (and Softgels) in the beauty aisle of your nearest Walgreens! Start the challenge today to help with lustrous hair, healthy nails and vibrant skin, and your future self will thank you! Nature’s Bounty is so confident in their product that if for any reason you don’t like it after 30 days, they will give you your money back.
Make sure to follow along with me in Cabo on Instagram and #GLAMtraveldiary!
SHOP THE POST
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.