Today’s post is sponsored by Walgreens and ShopStyle.
I’m not much of a heavy makeup kind of gal, but around the holidays, I love to add a little something extra to my beauty routine — we’re talking bold brows, a pop of color on my lips, and a bit of highlighter for some definition on my cheekbones! I’m teaming up with NYX Professional Makeup — which is now sold at Walgreens, and showing off those “finishing touches” that can help add a little holiday GLAM to your beauty routine!
I can’t believe there was even a time in my life where I didn’t fill in my brows — it’s been a game changer to my beauty routine and helps frame my face. I love the look of natural-looking, fluffy brows, that look a little more undone than defined, and NYX makes some of the best brow products. For the holidays (and all of those holiday parties), I use a four-step process to get perfect bold brows.
- I start by brushing up my brows using the NYX Professional Makeup Control Freak Eyebrow Gel. This helps to show where any areas that need to be filled in so you don’t overdo it, and gives the hair a bit of texture for the other products to hold.
- I make light brush strokes to any patchy areas using the NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil in color Taupe, and fill in my arches to get the desired brow shape. I then turn the pencil around and use the spooly to brush my brows back into place.
- Using a small angled brush, I go over my entire brow (heavier in the middle) with the NYX Professional Makeup Tame & Frame Tinted Brow Pomade in color Brunette.
- To help set my brows (and avoid any movement of the products above), I use NYX Professional Makeup Eyebrow Cake Powder in color Brunette by dipping the small angled brush that comes with and lightly running it over my brows.
A POP OF COLOR
I’m pretty fair skinned, and my lips are no exception, so I’m usually wearing some sort of color on my lips. On a typical day, you can find me wearing a slightly rose nude lip color, but for the holidays, I love to add a little pop of color. I’m a huge advocate of lip liner and use it every. single. day. I’m also all about a matte finish and lipstick that doesn’t move — especially for parties!
- If my lips are feeling dry, I make sure to moisturize and then apply NYX Professional Makeup Lip Primer. Just like foundation primer, it gives your lips the perfect canvas and makes them smooth before applying product.
- I love the NYX Professional Makeup Suede Matte Lip Liner in color Cannes because it’s a nude lip liner that goes with any lipstick shade. I don’t want to say I over-line my lips by any means, but I’m definitely generous. I like to think of it as coloring right on the line.
- For lipstick that won’t move and a matte finish, this NYX Professional Makeup Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in color Exotic won’t disappoint. It doesn’t go anywhere, but just make sure to bring along a little chapstick or vaseline if your lips feel dry!
OH SHE GLOWS
To finish off the entire holiday look, I love adding a bit of highlighter to my cheekbones and spritzing a little setting spray over my face to keep everything in place all night long.
- I take a small dab of NYX Professional Makeup Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator in color Sunbeam to the top most part of my cheekbones and tap it in with a clean finger (be sure not to drag it over any bronzer or foundation).
- To keep the entire look in place, I spray about 4-5 pumps of NYX Professional Makeup Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray which has a matte finish and keeps your beauty look strong!
I love that you can get all of these NYX products at Walgreens — it’s like getting department-store makeup quality at drugstore prices and is easy to buy both in-store and online! Plus, you can earn 18,000 Bonus Points ($20-worth!) on Orders $60+! How’s that for a little holiday treat!
SHOP THE POST