A huge thanks to SkinCeuticals for sponsoring today’s post.
You gals might remember I had the opportunity to attend the Nichols MD Anniversary Party in Greenwich, CT with SkinCeuticals a few weeks back. I teased the Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 Facial I was about to receive and I’m so excited to take you along for it!
Let’s back up. To say I was in need of a facial was a complete understatement. I usually try to indulge a few times a year, but somehow must have completely lost track of the last twelve months — because… well, sometimes life gets in the way. It’s been a crazy year of travel, diet changes, too much sun, makeup and, rosé — you know, all the fun stuff, and not enough of a skincare routine. Add on the fact that I’m now into my thirties and I guess you can say — I was due.
The SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 Facial is designed to help restore skin suffering from age-related lipid loss. The treatment is supposed to help replenish, restore, and maintain lost skin hydration (hello, ME!), and improve the appearance of dehydration lines, rough texture, and radiance, with renewed elasticity and nourishment. I’ve been a huge fan of a lot of SkinCeuticals products since being introduced to the brand a few years back and was SO excited that this facial uses the best of the best products from the line — some of which I was already a fan of using at home! I love chatting all things skincare (which you know if you’re a loyal reader here) and am always fascinated and eager to learn about proper skincare routines. We all know a good skincare routine takes time both morning and night, but it’s fun for me to hear about what exactly each product does and the best order and WHY you should always follow it. I’m sure this facial is supposed to be semi-relaxing — but I had my girl Jessica from NicholsMD give me all the details on each step, and we were chatting for most of the hour!
Cleanse. She started the facial using the Gentle Cleanser to remove makeup, impurities and excess oil, which soothes and calms dry or sensitive skin.
Tone. She then used the Equalizing Toner (which is alcohol-free) which helps balance, refresh, and restore the skin’s protective pH mantle while removing residue. I’ve never used toner regularly before but have since added it to my everyday routine — more on that below!
Exfoliate. What I love about this facial is how customizable it is. Since my skin was handling the above steps well, we decided to go with a chemical peel as part of the exfoliating process. Now, I know what you’re all thinking (Samantha Jones and the dreaded chemical peel scene from Sex and the City). This couldn’t be any further from the process and it wasn’t nearly as scary as it sounds! Using a fan brush, Jess applied a thin coat of the Micropeel 20 Solution and left it on for a little under 5 minutes. The benefits to a chemical peel are:
Helps reduce visible signs of photoaging, including fine lines and wrinkles.
Improves the appearance of uneven skin tone and dullness by exfoliating surface cells.
Softens and smoothes the skin’s surface texture.
Decreases the frequency of acne breakouts and fades the appearance of post-acne discoloration.
& Maintains and enhances the benefits of a SkinCeuticals homecare regimen.
If you have super sensitive skin, there’s a gentler option with a more mild exfoliator!
Extract. The fun stuff which I made sure not to shoot. Sorry, I’m not sorry!
Sanitize. Jess then applied the Phyto Corrective Gel, a cucumber and thyme soothing gel which helps calm and hydrate skin.
Masque. Next came the Vitamin C Firming Mask — which you can actually do weekly at home! She left it on for about 5 minutes and my skin instantly felt hydrated and smooth.
Prevent. She then applied the C E Ferulic, a daytime vitamin C serum that delivers advanced sun protection and improves the appearance of lines and wrinkles, loss of firmness, and brightens skin’s complexion. She used about 3-5 drops of this serum and applied all over my face, neck, and chest.
Hydrate. Jess then applied a thick layer of the Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 anti-aging cream to refill cellular lipids and nourish dry skin. She left it on for 10 minutes and then removed with a hot towel.
Protect. She then finished off the facial with a layer of SkinCeuticals Sunscreen — a product I’ve been using daily for almost 3 years. Gotta love that SPF 50!
all photos by Stephanie Elliot Photography
I loved that this facial just left me feeling insanely hydrated and fresh — as opposed to beat up, like you do coming out of some facials. It’s perfect for all times of the year and is recommended 2-3x a year. I can’t wait to go back in the winter when my skin is extremely dry from the brutal cold (ugh, I can’t even think about that yet), but in the meantime, I wanted to share with you my skincare routine to get me through to that next facial!
- I start off using a mild cleanser to remove any dirt/makeup from the day.
2. I apply the A.G.E. Eye Complex eye cream using my ring finger by patting under and around my eyes.
3. I apply 4-5 drops of the Hyaluronic Acid Intensifier to my fingers and work into my face, neck, and chest. This serum really boosts the effects of the moisturizer because it actually works to amplify skin’s hyaluronic acid levels. Hyaluronic acid naturally occurs in the skin and plays an important role in maintaining moisture— something I was missing in my skincare routine and it’s been a game changer ever since.
4. At nighttime, I love using a thick moisturizer and love the Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 cream. After the serum from above dries, I apply to my entire face, neck, and chest.
- I start off splashing my face with cold water.
2. Using a cotton pad, I spray it a few times with the Equalizing Toner and apply gently all over my face, to help remove any residue from sleeping. I think in the past, I have been over cleansing and this is the step I’ve been missing.
3. I apply the A.G.E. Eye Complex eye cream using my ring finger by patting under and around my eyes.
4. I apply the C E Ferulic Vitamin C serum to my face, neck, and chest.
5. I finish off with a layer of SkinCeuticals Sunscreen — I’ve been using this sunscreen for years (SPF50 on my face, always). I never, EVER, let any part of my face burn. It’s all about protecting your skin!
I seriously cannot recommend this facial enough! If you’re in the CT area, definitely check out Nichols MD for this treatment (and many others)! If you’re outside of CT, you can check for your nearest SkinCeuticals office here!