I’m sure by now you’re all familiar with the terms “contouring and highlighting” – it seems like the it thing in the beauty world right now. Although contouring can get a little out of hands these days and can seem a bit intimidating, it’s actually pretty easy and a little bit can go a long way. I’m teaming up with Real Techniques today to show you a simple, yet effective, way to add contouring and highlighting into your every day beauty routine using the Limited Edition Sculpting Kit which includes the sculpting brush, a fan brush and a setting brush!
And, to make things really easy for you – we’re working with some products you might already have in your cosmetic bag, including matte bronzer and loose brightening powder to contour and highlight. It’s all about the brushes and technique… no need to go out and buy another palette!
1. After you’re done with your normal makeup routine, take the Sculpting Brush and apply a little bit of your matte bronzer, making sure to blow off any excess. Using soft, repetitive strokes, apply the bronzer right under your cheekbone, starting from your ear and stopping right under your eye. You should now have a subtle line of definition under your cheekbone. Repeat on other side.
2. Using the same Sculpting Brush, blend the matte bronzer into your cheekbones using circular motions.
3. Tap the Sculpting Brush back into the matte bronzer and run along your jawbone from ear to chin. Make sure to blend and shade any excess powder into your neck.
4. Lastly, blend the matte bronzer from the top of your forehead down to your ears on each side and into your hairline.
5. Next, using the Fan Brush, gently tap into the matte bronzer and starting up by your eyebrow, sweep down to the tip of your nose to lightly contour your bridge. Repeat motion until shading is subtle and repeat on other side.
6. Using the Setting Brush, dip into your highlighting powder and blow off any excess. Apply lightly to the tops of your cheek, bridge of your nose, right above your eyebrow arch, and above and below your lips.
How easy was that?! These Real Techniques brushes are the bomb.com and such an amazing price-point for what you get. I think it’s safe to say you can trust the founders of Real Techniques to make some of the best tools out there – Sam and Nic are sisters, turned makeup artists, turned YouTube sensations, turned successful entrepreneurs with this amazing line! Make sure to follow along with me on Snapchat this afternoon as I take you through a step-by-step tutorial – you won’t want to miss it!
And, lucky for you – my friends over at Real Techniques are giving you 20% off all of their sculpting products! Make sure to use code BLOGSCULPT now through 4/1!
A huge thanks to Real Techniques for sponsoring today’s post.
NataliMarch 30, 2016 at 1:12 am
There are never enough of these kind os tutorials, thanks for making and sharing one!
Honest MumMarch 30, 2016 at 11:40 am
Really simple but useful tutorial and you look fab. Thanks http://www.honestmum.com
My Everyday Makeup + Daily/Nightly Skincare Routine - Oh So GlamAugust 16, 2017 at 12:00 am
[…] my face for a little pop. I’m not going to go over my full routine, but you can check out THIS POST for exact directions here. I do this every single time I put on makeup. It’s a lot less […]