1. I used to cheer for a couple of professional sports teams here in CT while I was in college and shortly after. It was the best job in the world. I got paid to dance around with some of my best friends and see games for free… score! I also always got invited to do other fun gigs and jobs. I actually got to be a “Deal or No Deal” case model when the Howie Mandel show came to CT! I was the second case picked which had the highest amount in it (#11 on the right). Fail.
2. I own more UCONN apparel than I do regular clothes. and I proudly rep my school anywhere I go. It is the ONE thing I can never pass up buying and can be considered a shopping addiction… even 5+ years out of college. And since I can work from home, it seems more reasonable to me to keep buying because I KNOW I’ll get use out of them. I mean, who doesn’t like to work from home in sweats? But now since UCONN went and changed the Husky logo on me (I’m devastated by the way), I can now say I own all “vintage UCONN apparel.” Let’s see how long I can hold out refusing to buy anything with the new logo on it…
3. I am a human jukebox. At country concerts, I will stand the entire time and sing every single word to every song. I also dance around like a moron. I WISH I could remember other useful things like I can remember song lyrics. It’s a wasted gift since it doesn’t really matter in my actual real life. If you asked me to remember a phone number, I couldn’t even tell you. And I’m the worst when it comes to blanking on names… even if I met you 5x. But I can remember the song lyrics to a song from 10 years ago. I just rapped every lyric to In Da Club to Raj the other day. Wasted. Gift.
4. Speaking of Mr. Oh So Glam, Raja and I met at a frat party at UCONN. Okay, that’s lie but it sounds WAY cooler than where we actually did meet. We DID meet at a frat, but it wasn’t a party. It was a CHAPTER MEETING at the Student Union for an Academic Marketing Frat which Raja was president (and founder). I walked in and he looked up and smiled at me. I nearly fainted (true story) and ran home to tell my roommate that I had met my dream man. And here we are 6 years later… living in a beautiful house together with our little baby, Mischa (the himalayan cat).
5. I always say that starting a blog was one of the best things I ever decided to do in my life. I truly from the bottom of my heart believe that. I am constantly amazed at the company I find myself a part of within this blogging community. A group of women who EMPOWER one another. In an industry which is KNOWN for being catty, fake, and materialistic… and I can honestly say that the style blogging community is none of that. We accept each other… support each other, promote each other, and stick up for each other. It is SUCH a fun hobby (and full-time job for some bloggers)… but it’s also very scary to put yourself out there when you know you are going to be judged. I have loved seeing the blogging community rally behind each other when our peers get a fabulous opportunity or when just the opposite happens and someone writes something mean about them. I’m so thankful for this blog and for everyone who reads and supports it. The below picture is the first picture I posted on my very first ever blog post nearly two years ago!
AmandaMay 9, 2013 at 10:31 am
Offended that you chose to highlight Wolfpack over Kickline. Failllllllllll
Caroline St. FrancisMay 9, 2013 at 3:27 pm
So great to learn a few things about you! I can’t believe your were on Deal or no Deal that is incredible!!
HannahMay 9, 2013 at 3:27 pm
Haha my dude and I actually DID meet at a frat party. I think your story is much cuter. I always get so embarrassed when people ask how we met. No cute story, just drunk love. 😉
Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget
SophieMay 9, 2013 at 5:03 pm
I love this post!!! This makes me miss you SO much. You can rap “in da club” do me any day 😉
DiamenroseMay 9, 2013 at 7:54 pm
Beautiful post and funny too 🙂 x
Katie @ Katie's BlissMay 9, 2013 at 10:15 pm
Loved reading your 5 things Christina! I’m a human jukebox too and Nick is always so amazed how I can remember all the lyrics to songs 😛
LeanneMay 10, 2013 at 12:45 am
So lovely to get to know you a little better!!! Love that you were on deal or no deal!
Love from South Africa
Veloria in velvetMay 10, 2013 at 10:59 am
Great post! I really like #5…as a new blogger myself, I totally relate to the uneasiness of putting yourself out there for the whole world to see. But people have been so kind and generous. The support was definitely unexpected, but so appreciated 🙂
StephanieMay 10, 2013 at 1:52 pm
that is so cool that you were on Deal or No Deal! Also, I am the same way with lyrics. My boyfreind is a music junkie and a drummer and he is always amazed when he shows me a new song and a week later I have it memorized – it’s so weird! Names though? that takes me months to remember!
Christine (Xtine)May 13, 2013 at 3:11 pm
Five Fabulous things:
1. I have the four best friends any lady could ask for…. Xtina (our own Oh So Glam blogger), Amanda, Wooley and Kelly. Through thick and thin, highs and lows no one could ever replace them!
2. I’m a UConn Fanatic.. sorry to copy Xtina but it’s the truth!! Lets rock UConn Vintage together!
3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE dance!! Dancing for UConn Kickline and Wolfpack in the past was the best and now sharing my love with my Varsity Cheer Team as their coach is amazing!! Xtina & Xtina Kickline captain alums!
4. Like Xtina has Raj… I have Nicky… love of my life and partner in crime!
5. Being a nurse is not only my job but a secret passion. I know my ladies love the crazy stories I come home with; but truth is I love touching peoples lives and having them affect mine. Medicine is a miracle everyday and I love to see the human spirit persevere.